Maintenance of lifting straps
1. The surface damage of the webbing sling is an important factor to reduce the strength of the lifting belts, so when the surface is worn, the belt will be damaged rapidly. It is inevitable that there are some fractures (not faults) on the surface fiber of sling, as long as it is not too large, it will not affect the use.
2. The load factor of the hoisting method shall be strictly observed during use.
3. It is not allowed to use the bolt lifting method without protection.
4. The soft sling shall not be connected with any device that may cause damage to it. The lifting device connected with the soft sling shall be:
a) Smooth without any sharp edges;
b) Its size and shape shall not tear the seam joint or overload the belt.
5. The following measures shall be observed during hoisting:
a) Do not tow the sling and goods while moving;
b) Do not knot the strap;
c) When carrying, do not screw it;
d) Do not use webbing sling without sheath (angle protector) to carry goods with sharp corners and edges, especially when the belt is partially scratched or worn;
e) The webbing sling is not allowed to hang goods for too long;
f) When the goods stay on the webbing sling, the sling shall not be pulled out from the bearing state;
g) Avoid hanging or impacting the load;
h) Avoid opening angle of the soft sling more than 20 °;
6. During the hoisting process, the load shall be kept constant. If several slings are required to be used at the same time, the load shall be evenly distributed on each sling as far as possible;
7. If the webbing sling is used in an abnormal environment such as high temperature or lifting chemicals, it shall be used according to the instructions and suggestions of the manufacturer and the seller. After the sling is soiled or used in acid and alkali environment, it shall be cleaned with clear water immediately.
8. The webbing slings shall be stored in a dark and UV free condition.
9. Do not store the webbing slings near the open fire or other heat sources.
10. Every sling should be checked carefully before use.
11. Do not repair damaged slings casually. Please seek advice from manufacturers and suppliers.
12. When the webbing sling is not in use, it should be stored on a dry and ventilated special rack for the next use.